Created in 1998 by the Paris Ile-de-France CCI, the Test d’Evaluation de Français (TEF) is an international benchmark test that measures your level of knowledge and skills in French.
Why take the TEF?
The TEF provides confirmation of one’s level of competency in French in any professional, academic or mobility-related context, and in particular for:
- Studying in France with the TEF Études
- Obtaining French nationality with the TEF Naturalisation
- Obtaining a French resident card with the TEF Carte de résident
- Emigrating to Canada and obtaining Canadian citizenship with the TEF Canada
- Emigrating to Quebec with the TEF Québec – TEFAQ
What are the tests?
The TEF consists of 5 tests:
- Oral comprehension (CO) 40 min
- Written comprehension (CE) 60 min
- Oral Expression (EO) 15 min
- Written Expression (EE) 60 min
- Vocabulary and syntax (LS) 30 min
According to your goals and the formalities you need to complete, you can choose the TEF version that includes the tests you require.
For certain versions of the TEF, the tests must be completed at a single session.
The tests are evaluated on a scale with 7 levels, from level 0 (most basic competencies) to level 6 (complete fluency).
This scale relates to the 6 levels (A1 to C2) of the Council of Europe’s Common European Framework of Reference for Languages and to the 12 levels of the Canadian Language Benchmarks.
How to register ?
The exam costs R4400 for all TEF exams in Pretoria.
Official Dates of the TEF exams in Pretoria are:
- All our Official Dates are Full (you can request an alternative date by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
We can also offer alternative dates if these dates do not suit your needs.
Please fill in the the registration form:
To validate your registration you will have to send the completed and signed form and the proof of payment, otherwise we will not validate your registration. You will receive an answer within 7 days, after that do not hesitate to relaunch by email. Registrations are blocked from twelve candidates.
Your registration will not be validated if your form is incomplete, especially if it lacks the ID number, phone number or email. Please enter your full name as the reason for your payment. Candidates are reminded of the importance of preparing for this test.
For a free preparation, tutorials, etc. you can visit the CCI website, which is available from the following link: Click Here
You can also take private lessons from our institution, as we offer private classes tailored to your needs.
The convocations indicating the hours of handover are sent a few days before. However, you can consider being solicited between 8h and 14h. Once the exam is over, you will receive the results within plus or minus 6 weeks.