The Alliance Française offers flexible training adapted to your needs and budget. Whether your motives are personal, vocational or part of a structured training plan, the Alliance Française will help you find the appropriate learning programme. We will be with you on your way to achieving French language fluency.
With decades of experience, the Alliance Française is the reference centre for learning French as a Foreign Language.
The Alliance Française uses the most modern and efficient methods on the market to boost your learning, making use of new technologies as well as a wide range of cultural and fun activities to facilitate and enrich your learning experience.
The Alliance Française can also design and run a special in-house course for you, based on the following fundamental principles: mutually defined objectives, flexibility, French savoir-faire, state-of-the-art teaching techniques.
The Alliance Française follows the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, which classifies the language proficiency in 6 levels, from beginner (A1) to bilingual (C2).
More about the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages here
Why to choose the Alliance Française?
For more than 60 years, we have been the reference centre for learning French. Benefiting from dedicated comprehensive training, our teachers are experienced and highly qualified.
More than simply offering language courses, our aim is to provide a real and comprehensive learning and cultural experience. This is attained via a wide range of social activities through our multimedia resource centre and through an exciting cultural programme offering a variety of events all through the year.
The Alliance Française is the only French language training centre in South Africa recognised by the French Department of Foreign Affairs. Our curriculum, as well as our exams, benefits from a worldwide recognition.
From in-house groups to on-site individual classes, we cater for any situation and always strive to adapt ourselves to your needs. You can enroll at any level, in accordance with our placement test. In terms of class schedules, we offer courses from 9:00 am to 8:00 pm. Private classes can be offered at any time, according to the availability of our teachers.
5 Reasons to Learn French
1. French is spoken by 300 million people on the 5 continents.
It indicates a 10% increase since 2014. That will be 757 million in 2070! In Africa, French is spoken daily by more than 138 million people in more than 30 countries.
2. It is a language for the Job Market.
France is the 5th biggest economy and countries like Canada, Switzerland, Belgium, Ivory Coast, Senegal, Morocco also do business in French. In South Africa, nearly 400 French subsidiaries are present, employing directly more than 37,000 people.
3. French is the language of culture
It’s the international language of cooking, fashion, theatre, visual arts, dance and architecture. It is also the official language of the Olympic Games.
4. French is a language for travel.
Travel to France, the world’s top tourist destination with more than 79,5 million visitors a year. But French also comes in handy when travelling throughout Africa, Canada, Monaco, the Seychelles and many other places.
5. French is also the 4th most widely used language on the Internet.
We have different course options:
- Self-Study E-Learning Classes: For student that wish to have a 100% online learning experience with partial interactions with a teacher or tutor.
- Group Classes: These classes are made to mimic a classroom setting online. The classes are presented through videoconferencing and learners have full interaction with the teacher and fellow students.
- Private Classes: One-on-one classes. These classes are tailored to your personal needs and objectives. The teacher aids you throughout your learning experience.
- Corporate Courses: Classes tailored to your business. Have your personnel trained in the French language and give your business an added advantage on the International stage.