Created in 1998 by the Paris Ile-de-France CCI, the Test d’Evaluation de Français (TEF) is an international benchmark test that measures your level of knowledge and skills in French.
Why take the TEF?
The TEF provides confirmation of one’s level of competency in French in any professional, academic or mobility-related context, and in particular for:
- Studying in France with the TEF Études
- Obtaining French nationality with the TEF Naturalisation
- Obtaining a French resident card with the TEF Carte de résident
- Emigrating to Canada and obtaining Canadian citizenship with the TEF Canada
- Emigrating to Quebec with the TEF Québec – TEFAQ
What are the tests?
The TEF Canada and the TEFAQ consist of 4 tests:
- Oral comprehension (CO) 40 min
- Written comprehension (CE) 60 min
- Oral Expression (EO) 15 min
- Written Expression (EE) 60 min
According to your goals and the formalities you need to complete, you can choose the TEF version that includes the tests you require.
For certain versions of the TEF, the tests must be completed at a single session.
The tests are evaluated on a scale with 7 levels, from level 0 (most basic competencies) to level 6 (complete fluency).
This scale relates to the 6 levels (A1 to C2) of the Council of Europe’s Common European Framework of Reference for Languages and to the 12 levels of the Canadian Language Benchmarks.
How to register ?
How to register ?
The exam costs R5000 for all TEF exams in Pretoria.
You will pick a date from the dates available below. Candidates are advised to register at least 10 days before the exam date.
To validate your registration you will have to submit the completed registration form and payment, otherwise we will not validate your registration. You will receive an answer within 7 days, indicating the hours of handover, with the official convocation sent 48 hours before the exam.
Upon the payment, the candidate has a maximum of 3 months to sit the exam; the tuitions fees will thereafter be forfeited and no refund will be made.
The exam takes around 4 hours, either in the morning 08h30 or in the early afternoon 13h00.
Once the exam is over, you will receive the results within +/- 3 weeks.
Candidates are reminded of the importance of preparing for this test.
- For free preparation, tutorials, etc. you can visit the CCI website, which is available from the following link: Click Here.
- You can also take private lessons from our institution, as we offer private classes tailored to your needs.
- Prepmyfuture platform, which optimally prepares for TEF formats since it contains teaching materials for the 5 EFT tests and is therefore suitable for all uses (Naturalization, studies in France, immigration Quebec and Canada). This access costs 500 rand and it is valid for 1 year.
Should you have any other questions, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.