The Alliance Française de Pretoria is the only official DELF/DALF accredited exam centre in Pretoria.
The DELF and DALF are diplomas awarded by the French Ministry of Education to prove the French-language skills of non-French candidates.
If you are unsure of your level, you can take the quick online level assessment test.
If you wish to prepare for the exam. We offer DELF/DALF Preparation classes. Contact us now for more info on firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are six independent diplomas, which correspond, respectively, to the six levels of the Council of Europe’ s Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFRL).
DELF (Diplôme d’Études en Langue Française) and DALF (Diplôme Approfondi de Langue Française) are official qualifications issued by the French Ministry of Education to certify French language proficiency of non-native speakers.
- Diplomas are awarded by the French Ministry of Education and accepted worldwide including the government of Canada.
- Exams are held world-wide and conducted under the supervision of the French Embassy of respective countries, at accredited official examination centres.
- The DELF-DALF structure is modeled on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), which serves as an international reference in the organisation of language teaching and certification.
- Candidates having earned the DALF are exempted from language entrance examinations in French universities.
- Candidates having earned the DELF / DALF diplomas earn extra points for immigration to countries such as Canada and their chances of employment increase.
For more information on the DELF/DALF exam, please visit the France Éducation international website here.
The DELF/DALF is an International Exam, the dates and times are followed throughout the country and cannot be altered in any way. Please make sure to check the start and end dates for registration (“Inscriptions du [date] au [date]”), and also the days and times for the exams.
Please make sure that you receive an email titled “Attestation d’inscription” after registration (normally taking around 48h) to be sure that you are officially registered for the exam. If you have not received this email after 48 hours, please contact us as soon as possible to resolve any issues that may have arisen.
Please note: that results and certificate can take up to six months to return from France. As this is an International Exam, candidates are expected to be present at least 30 minutes before the start of the exam. Candidates who arrive late will not be permitted to enter the exam, and will also forfeit the exam fee.
Register for the DELF/DALF Exam
To register for the DELF/DALF exam is easy. Choose the correct level below, check the day and time of the exam, price and then “add to cart”.
NB! – If you register here, you are registering for the DELF/DALF exam in Pretoria only. After Registration, no refund will be made for any reason whatsoever.