The Alliance Française de Pretoria is the only official DELF/DALF accredited exam centre in Pretoria.
The DELF and DALF are diplomas awarded by the French Ministry of Education to prove the French-language skills of non-French candidates.
There are six independent diplomas, which correspond, respectively, to the six levels of the Council of Europe’ s Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFRL).
DELF (Diplôme d’Études en Langue Française) and DALF (Diplôme Approfondi de Langue Française) are official qualifications issued by the French Ministry of Education to certify French language proficiency of non-native speakers.
- Diplomas are awarded by the French Ministry of Education and accepted worldwide including the government of Canada.
- Exams are held world-wide and conducted under the supervision of the French Embassy of respective countries, at accredited official examination centres.
- The DELF-DALF structure is modeled on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), which serves as an international reference in the organisation of language teaching and certification.
- Candidates having earned the DALF are exempted from language entrance examinations in French universities.
- Candidates having earned the DELF / DALF diplomas earn extra points for immigration to countries such as Canada and their chances of employment increase.
For more information on the DELF/DALF exam, please visit the CIEP website here.
Download the Calendar for the DELF/DALF here
Register for the DELF/DALF Exam
To register for the DELF/DALF exam is easy. Just follow the easy instructions, fill in the online registration form, upload your ID/Passport and proof of payment:
NB! – If you register here, you are registering for the DELF/DALF exam in Pretoria only.